Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Awakening

My Friend Kate has been begging for me to post this story, and has offered to post it herself on her blog...(kate you can if you want) but here it goes.

Josh and I aren't really huge on celebrating Valentine's day. We get each other small gifts (maybe) and the girls a small box of chocolates then later that night we have Fondue as a family. But as our couple date we usually beat the crowds and go out to lunch. Two years ago, (McKinlee was almost one) We went to one of Josh's favorite places to go called Tillie's in McKeesport.

We were sitting there enjoying our lunch having good conversation, when I saw a woman across the way. I looked at her and though to myself. "That woman could be beautiful if she would just try...she just needs a little makeup, some nicer clothes and she could be stunning. Instead she looks like a homeless Hispanic woman, it was really tragic." So being the pointer-outer that I am I wanted to show her to Josh and get is opinion on this woman. I realized that where I saw her sitting was a mirrored wall so I started to follow it across the room( I didn't want to show Josh a reflection...he needed to see the woman in real life.) So I followed the image across the wall, down the wall, and found myself staring right back at me! I was the HOMELESS HISPANIC WOMAN!!! and I had tried that day! I vowed right then and there I would put a little more effort into myself...I always swore I wouldn't become one of "those moms" you know the ones who have kids and become frumpy...

I told Josh what had happened and he busted a gut laughing, then said..."Honey in your defense you didn't know you were looking in a mirror, and it's on the otherside of the restaurant, and it may be time to have your eyes checked..." good boy Josh and right answer.

Sadly as I sit her and share this story, I am still in my pj's, no makeup hair, pulled in a pony tail...lesson clearly was NOT learned.

3 comments:

Joyelle said...

girl, you are beautiful and i love you no matter if you're dressed to the nines or pjs and no make up... and trust me, you're not alone with the pjs-no make up bit!! :) xoxo BEAUTIFUL I SAY!!

kate said...

HAHAHAHAHA!! i laughed out loud AGAIN and i've had you retell this story many times. SO HILARIOUS!! because it is so true...somewhere along the way we all give up a little and lose that need to look perfect all the time. THANK GOODNESS! i'm in pj's and a fleecie today. maybe i should buy a snuggie to wear everywhere and give up all together. HA! so glad you chose to share, and just fyi, you could never look bad even in the worst gettup, you are too naturally gorgeous.

sienna said...

SOOOOO funny!! Thanks for the good laugh! I'm always thinking I need to do my hair more instead of just putting it in a pony tail every day- but it just takes too much time and effort that I would rather spend on something more worthwhile! :) Plus- then on the days that I do actually "DO" my hair, I feel so fancy!

You are beautiful, Jenn!!