Saturday, May 15, 2010

a lot a hair and a bigger heart

Mia has been begging me to let her cut her hair short since last Thanksgiving, and I have told her over and over again that her Dance Teacher would to be happy that she cut her hair right before competition season...she would just have to wait until it was over. Last week was her last competition of the season as soon as she got off of the stage she called in my promise. So I called Peace of Eden where our good friend Liz works who in Mia's words "is her stylist" and scheduled her appointment.

Many of you know that my dear childhood friend Lisa's 3 year old daughter Gracie was just diagnosed with cancer, Mia decided that it didn't make any sense for her hair to be thrown away if there is another little girl who could use it...so she made the decision to donate her beautiful hair to Locks of Love.

I smiled as everyone in the spa came over to watch this little girl give such a generous gift...she donated nearly 12 inches.

1 comment:

Joyelle said...

WOW! what a lovely little angel you have there!! xo