Friday, July 9, 2010

A hero named Mia


Yesterday, after Mia's swim lessons, we decided to stop at the park and let McKinlee run off some of her energy, Mia and McKinlee ran and played together until, McKinlee declared she was hungry and it was time to leave.
So we did, as we were walking back to the car I took a bad spill and sprained my ankle, I dropped Wynter who luckily was secured in her car seat, and Mia and McKinlee ran and tended to her and yelled at me for dropping her, until Mia realized I was hurt.

So I did what any Mother alone at the park would do, I bucked up picked up the car seat, asked Mia to take care of McKinlee, and hobbled back to my car. When we got home I quickly made lunch for the girls and began to "RICE" my ankle.

That is when Mia stepped up and took charge, she couldn't find the ice so she grabbed bags frozen veggies, watched the clock and changed them out every 15 minutes. She got me some ibuprofen, and cleaned up lunch. I went upstairs to get Wynter and McKinlee to take a nap, Mia followed and continued her treatment, bringing me a drink and a snack for her sister, she even offered to let me choose what we watch because I was hurt and they could go one day with out cartoons, I choose to watch Sprout, Mia stayed with us until the babies and myself fell asleep, then she went downstairs and read a book and watched tv until I woke back up.

When McKinlee needed to go potty, Mia took her to the bathroom and helped her, she did flush the wipes down the toilet but seriously a 7 year old helping her 2 year old sister go poop, I am not going to complain at all! Then I went downstairs, Mia helped McKinlee make it down and went back up to get Wynter as soon as she was up. She continued taking care of me, fluffing pillows, keeping my leg comfortable and iced until Josh came home around 4:30, did I mention that this whole ordeal started around noon?
I am so proud of my Little Mia, she truly is my Hero

3 comments:

Moab Cozzens said...

Sounds like you've done such a good job raising her that now you've been replaced! Every Mother's dream :)

Karen's Korner of the World said...

MIa your the best! Love you see you in a few weeks!

Joyelle said...

aww so glad you're ok woman! mia is such a good girl, i love your girls!