Friday, July 16, 2010

To help or not to help

Everyone knows that McKinlee is a big helper, she is the kind of kid who usually puts her toys away, helps clear the table, and points out any mess someone else makes. She loves to help wash the dishes and cook, sometimes she combines the two.
Today was quite the day with my little helper, she spilled cranberry juice, which she tried to clean up, she broke a glass which Mia and I cleaned up, but she did put a band aid on my toe after I stepped in some..
Later this evening she helped me make some brownies, McKinlee served the brownies while I poured the glasses of milk, and one juice. (McKinlee asked for juice) We sat down Josh, Mia and I each took a large gulp of milk, I thought to myself this tastes wrong...Mia said "Yuck" and Josh said it tastes like Dill. So I went and pulled out my milk looked inside and saw...nothing...so I looked at the bottom and there was something green hovering over the bottom...so I poured the milk out to find.......a sprig of DILL WEED!!! McKinlee had gotten into the fridge pulled out my fresh dill, put a sprig in the milk, put the herb away...the lid back on the milk and closed the fridge. She laughed and laughed at us...personally I still feel a little sick. Nothing like dill flavored milk to ruin an appetite.

3 comments:

Zent Family said...

This made me laugh right out loud!!! Paige often chooses to help...most of the time I wish she would just mind her own business! How boring would our lives be without our kidos.

kate said...

hahahahaha!! i just love that girl!

Joyelle said...

she is SO funny!!!! :) she's gonna be like her mama and experiment with her own yummy recipes!