Sunday, August 29, 2010

Ready....Set...ScHoOoOLlll!!

It's that time I year I both look forward to and dread. I love having Mia home, but I feel bad when she has nothing to do because her sisters are taking naps. Three on one can drive me crazy, especially when they are needy or aren't getting along...these moments I long for school. For something for Mia to do that is not watching TV and giving her a chance to play with her friends. Then the time comes for school to start...I find my self sad, I don't want her to go, she is a big help to me with her sisters, she is a delight to have around (most of the time) I dread watching her climb on to the bus realizing how big she is getting and how small she looks at the same time.

But, alas...no matter how I feel or what I do nothing is going to stop Mia from growing up, so I say a prayer, take a mental picture along with several camera pictures and send her off. I watch her climb onto the bus, I smile and wave good bye, while my heart soars with pride and my eyes fill with tears of sadness.

2 comments:

Ken said...

Now you know how I feel.

kate said...

booo!! i'm not ready!! but if my girls handle school as well as mia, i will be thrilled and relieved. and we KNOW they're going to look good, thanks to all your lovely pass-me-downs! :)