Sunday, October 24, 2010

Spinning

It is hard for me to believe that the month of October is almost over...it has been a crazy month for our little family and has left our heads spinning.  After spending 3 months serving in 4 callings I decided that I had finally had enough, (i can only do so much) and was realeased as the 1st Councelor in Young Women's.  I was/am really sad.  I love the girls and loved serving with them, I feel very empty not spending my Sunday's and mid week days with them. 

 A few days after I was released from Young Women's I had a dream where Josh was called as the 2nd councelor in the Bishopric, I brushed it off as one of my token weird dreams because in that dream the Bishop was a Hockey Player dressed in his full pads, and the 1st councelor was a chain smoker.  lol.

On Friday October 10th, Josh got a phone call from the Stake Executive Secretary, he was asked to be to church early on Sunday and nothing more was said.  Josh figured he was going to be told that he was being released as the Executive Secretary or was keeping the same position since he was not asked to have me come along.  I remembered my dream and insisted that we all go.  After about 45 minutes of interviews for both Josh and I... Josh was called as the 2nd Councilor in our Wards Bishopric, and I was asked if I would sustain and support him.  The new Bishop, Bishop Haroldsen is a great man and not a Hockey Player, and his first Councilor is Rick Shumway, a wonderful guy and a good friend.  Who I found out today was in my ward at Snow College my Sophomore year...how crazy is that. 

So now I am a single mom at church, Sarah (Rick's amazing wife) and I decided to combine forces and have our 5 children (3 mine, 2 hers; ranging from 8 years old  to 8 months old) sit between us. So we could help each other, Clearly Josh isn't going to be any help, I saw him laughing today as I tried to get McKinlee to stop head banging to the Hymns...

No comments: