Sunday, September 11, 2011

Birthday Week

I can't believe my Not so Little, Little Mia is 9!  She had a wonderful crown wearing, song singing, candle blowing kind of day. 
9 Things We Love Most about Mia
1. She Loves her Sisters
2. She always has to be fabulous
3. She Loves going to Church
4. She is kind to everyone
5. She is attracted to sparkle and glitter
6. She is very helpful
7. Her smile
8. She likes to cook
9. She loves to talk, and talk, and talk

My Birthday:
With Josh up against a major deadline at work, Mia at school, and McKinlee having dance, my expectations were pretty low.

As the day got going,  to a rather rough start, I decided I needed to have an imaginary birthday. 
I wasn't busy cleaning up a sink full of spit out carrots and a roll of toilet paper, I was sitting on a beach in Bora Bora sipping a drink with an umbrella. 
I wasn't cleaning spilled milk off of my Piano, I was getting a massage by a woman named Olga.
I wasn't trying to clean up an entire container of dumped out Nutmeg and topped with cups of dirty dish water, I was hiking to a beautiful waterfall in the Amazon.
It wasn't me washing dishing, doing laundry, making marinara sauce, baking zucchini bread, sweeping floors, cleaning up pee (Wynter has decided she doesn't like to wear diapers) and washing bedding...I was on a shopping spree in Paris. 
And while I was at it, it was Josh who was 7 months pregnant, not me.

Josh took the kids to pick up McKinlee from dance so I could get a much needed break.  When they got back McKinlee was carrying a card she had signed for her and Wynter, Mia had a card she signed herself, and Wynter had a birthday bag as tall as her filled with chocolates.  McKinlee dove right in...then I was exactly where I wanted to be.

Afterwards Josh surprised me with a date he had already arranged baby sitters.  Thanks Kimbers.

In all it turned out to be a pretty good day.

6 comments:

kate said...

hee hee hee hee! i love your imaginary birthday. wish i could have shared it with you! you really made me laugh. :) happy birthday to you, and to sweet mia!

Karen's Korner of the World said...

Ah Cant wait to see you in November! I will imagine that I help you out! hehe

Ken said...

Isn't it great that reality is always the best place to be. I love you baby girl.

RaJean said...

Love your creativity and sense of humor. You make me smile. Before you know it you have the Tales of Three Princesses and One Prince.

RaJean said...

My my the unknown is not revealed for some crazy reason.

RaJean said...

You are awesome!