Monday, November 14, 2011

Out of great pains come increadible blessings

I really figured my fourth child would be a cakewalk delivery. After all when I had Wynter-Elizabeth I was in labor for 4 and a half hours pushed four times and there she was. By that standard this one should all but walk out. I was scheduled to be induced between 3 and 7 am on Nov. 9th. A mere 4 days after my due date. We arranged for a babysitter to spend the night so we would have to give someone an early in the morning call, and Josh and I did our best to sleep. Around 7 when I still hadn't received a call I became frustrated, and I called to see what had happened, It was a simple excuse, there were no beds available in the whole hospital so they couldn't call me in...but hoped to get me in by the next day. So Josh and I sent our babysitter home, got Mia on the bus, and I went back to bed. I drifted off to sleep and got the call...they had room!
We called the babysitter back and rushed to the hospital. Josh didn't waste a second, I think he wasn't looking forward to spending the day with a Past her Due Date Woman. I got checked in to the hospital and they started the induction. An hour later I asked for an epidural, an hour after that I let them know that the epidural wasn't working, so the anesthesiologist came in and made some changes, still didn't work, so he came back, still didn't work....he came back again and said if I what I do this time doesn't work I will have to replace the epidural I will be back in 10 minutes. Ten minutes later he came back to hear a lot of yelling and crying while I was in the middle of pushing out a 8lb 9oz baby who was face up. I gotta say, I am not a natural birth kind of girl, and luckily this happened on our last one or we would have a much smaller family.
But here he is, and he is perfect.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Congrats! I am so proud of you!

Katie Sense etc. said...

Congratulations, Jenn, Josh, and all! He IS perfect!

kate said...

I could seriously eat him for breakfast, he's so yummy! So sorry about the natural birth! Yow! But hey, you now have lifetime bragging rights. :) see you Wednesday!

Karen's Korner of the World said...

Missing all of you!

Zent Family said...

Thank goodness the end result is always so incredible!!! He looks perfect!!! Take good care of yourself!!!!!

Ken said...

Love all of you a ton

Blair and Brenda said...

I feel that same way about Natural births. Its fuuny the our last was the same in that way. And what better way to end that with a boy in your family.