Friday, May 25, 2012

Happy Birthday Babe

Josh's birthday was this past week. It would be a far stretch to say that the man had the birthday of his dreams.  He got up, went to work, came home, mowed the lawn, and watched the kids, while I ran to and fro dropping other kids off and picking them back up from their various activities.  At one point I stopped back by the house and found him with Ryken on his back, Wynter in one arm and pushing the lawn mower with the other.  You gotta love that man.  I took Wynter off of his hands only to have McKinlee run over to join him.  A picture moment if I do say so myself.  I made dinner, he opened presents, and we went to bed. 

A few weeks ago I went to the grocery store, as I was walking in a couple that had to be in their 90's came in at the same time.  I watched them walk in arm in arm, when she struggled to grab a shopping cart he loving came to her assistance, together they pushed that cart through out the store.  I watched them giving each other loving glances, they were genuinely in love and happy. Clearly they were the man and the woman of each other's dreams and they had 50 plus years to prove it.  I thought to myself, I hope Josh and I are this happy when we are this old.

Happy Birthday to the Man of my dreams, I can't wait to grow old with you!

2 comments:

Karen's Korner of the World said...

Love it...love you guys too!

Zent Family said...

What would we do without our wonderful husbands?!?! I love the picture of Josh plus kids mowing the lawn...thats a perfect, everyday snapshot.