Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Super Woman?

I know it has been ages since my last post, and to say we have been busy sounds so trite. Between strings concerts, soccer games, dance and gymnastics practice, doctor appointments, home improvement, service project to service project,  and all of the other mundane everyday things that seem to take up our time, I have had to really step back and evaluate what is truly important.  
Amid so many tragedies that have touch and devastated so many families, I can't help but think that we need to spend more time cuddling and enjoying each other and less time driving from activity to activity.  I want my children's memories to be of happy family time, and not always in the car.  It has been hard learning to say no and accept the fact that I am not "Super Woman" no matter how much I want to be or think I am.
 
 
I will have some posts coming soon about what we have been up to...but for now here is a prequel to home improvement.

2 comments:

kate said...

yay! and you are so right. i think 4 kids is the breaking point where everyone just can't do everything anymore or we all go crazy. here's to finding the best things to put our super woman powers to work on. and looking forward your posts, whenever you may desire to post them. loving your 50mm pics!

Karen's Korner of the World said...

Can't wait to see what you have done. Wish it could be in person