Thursday, October 31, 2013

Birthday Catch-up

Ack! Why am I always behind?  Is anyone else shocked that tomorrow is November?  But moving back to September otherwise know as Birthday month in our house.  (We have a lot of September Birthday's between our families.)
This year Mia really, really wanted a Birthday Party; a cake decorating Birthday party.  At first I thought it was brilliant, as she began to plan it I realized something, she actually wants it to be real cake decorating not just throw some candy on and call it good. I tried to tell her I didn't know how to decorate cakes, I tried to tell her that the only thing I  knew was don't bend your wrist, I tried to tell her it wasn't something I knew how to do let alone teach, she didn't care.  With a week out and me at Pat Catan's buying decorating tools, because I don't even have tools, I  tried telling her I don't know how to do it, and can't we please just do something else, like a fire and movie in the back yard? she said, with all the confidence in the world. "I am sure you can learn by Friday."  I have to say the party was a complete success, the kids said it was the best party they have ever been to, and I still have parents telling me what a wonderful idea it was.  I also learned that Mia is rather talented.





For my Birthday Josh surprised me by taking the day off of work so I could have a day off of work.  He lovingly got up early, shut off the alarm clocks, got the kids up and ready.  I rolled over saw the clock and that the bus would be here in 10 minutes and everyone was still asleep, jumped out of bed, and started to rush to get everyone going, I heard Mia downstairs with McKinlee eating breakfast and was proud of her initiative, and rushed down to hurry her and McKinlee along only to find Josh.  He said, I am home, it's your day off, go back to bed.  Going back to sleep wasn't possible in my adrenalin induced kids missing the bus and having to get everyone up to drive to school state of panic, but I did go read.  It was a wonderful day.

1 comment:

kate said...

what an awesome party idea! and those cute aprons! well done! and so glad you got a day off, that is the perfect gift!