Tuesday, August 26, 2008

It Begins...

They say that having children keeps you young, I beg to differ....I fully believe that having children reminds you of how young you used to be. Today was the first of the four most anticipated and dreaded events of every parents life...my baby started Kindergarten. (and thanks to Kindergarten Day at the children's museum I have been reminded of the next anticipated/dreaded event...her graduation date is June 2021!)


The big question everyone wants to ask me is... did I cry...well... in my defense I was doing great with the whole thing until last night as I was going to bed and I saw a picture in my room of Mia when she was about one...to say I lost it, is a huge understatement. Where on earth did that time go? If anyone knows please fill me in.As for today, luckily the bus was about 30 minutes late, so we were more relieved than sad as they climbed in. I thought was going to lose it if I had to hear "when is the bus going to get here?" one more time! Although, as it pulled off and I saw my little baby girl waving her little hand at me and flashing me the I love you sign with her fingers, my eyes welled up with a little liquid, but not one tear fell so I didn't cry no matter what anybody says.



I thought McKinlee was going to enjoy having some one on one time with me, she can be so possessive, but I was wrong. She really missed her big sister. Once Mia came home, McKinlee wouldn't let her out of her sight, everywhere Mia went she followed her with her eyes, and if she left the room she cried until Mia came back or we took her to where Mia was. I am so glad they love each other so much.


In all, Mia had a wonderful day, she made a lot of friends, loves her new teacher, she got to color and have a snack. But her most favorite part of the day was recess...go figure. She can't wait to go tomorrow. And that is exactly what I wanted to hear.

5 comments:

sienna said...

Oh my gosh, Jenn! I can't believe she is in kindergarten already. I'm glad to hear she had a fun time! I'm sure that makes it easier on mom knowing she is having a good time.

taylia said...

The first day of school!!! How great, we are so proud of you. You look very grown up and we can't believe you are having a birthday so soon. We have been thinking about you and hope to see and talk to you soon...xoxoxoxo to the whole family...Love all of us in China

Zent Family said...

I cannot believe Mia is in school?!?? She is getting so big! You are going to make a great PTA president (ha, ha, ha!)

Joyelle said...

i love that they have the same teacher n share the same desk! hopefully first grade they can be in the same class!! thye are soooo cute!! at least we'll get to chat at all school events n at soccer practices/games. fun soccer moms together! cute us! :)

Chandra Joe said...

I totally understand and agree with you about getting older not younger when you have kids... There are many things we used to do BC (before Children), oh well hopefully they return when they get older... It is a fun ride!