Sunday, November 9, 2008

Season of Soccer

If someone would have told me that I would grow up and love to do nothing more than sit and watch my little girl play soccer, I would have thought they were crazy, and maybe didn't know me very well, but there is something about watching Mia run her hardest up and down the field trying as hard as she can to score a goal; until she gets board and begins to twirl or pick dandelions instead. It warms my heart and brings a smile to my face. Yes, this can only mean that in her words, "the best season of soccer ever is over." She even scored one goal, and became a pretty good defender, the only real problem she has besides dancing when she gets bored, is that she is afraid to kick the ball when the kids are in a pack, (which is most of the game, they kind of run down the field in a huddle) but my sweet little girl doesn't want to hurt anyone, and no matter how many times I have kicked her Pink Shin Guards to show her it doesn't hurt, she is positive she can kick harder than me, and won't to it; but if the ball gets loose she is all over it. Maybe her philosophy will work out a little better in a few years when they reach the age of not running in a huddle and realize there is an entire field to play on.


She was a little disappointed this year when she realized that instead of getting trophies they were getting medals. I watched her sadly walk up and accept her medal, she bent forward, they placed it on her neck and she straightened up and had a big smile, she came running over to me and exclaimed..."it is just like a necklace, I love medals"

3 comments:

Zent Family said...

Jenn you are the perfect soccer mom--beware, it is very addictive!! Good job Mia!!!

taylia said...

Great job on a fun soccer season. You are such a pretty soccer player! I love you hair too. We miss you.

RaJean said...

Mia way to go girl. Soccer is so much fun. I am glad you love to play. I love watching kids and grandkids play sports as well. I love to see them grow and mature in what they enjoy doing.