Thursday, December 2, 2010

Words and Actions of McKinlee


First Word: Mia (I-a)

2009

I went Christmas shopping with McKinlee, we stopped at wal-mart. When we got back to the car I put her in with my keys to play with, and loaded the back. When I went to get in the car, I found McKinlee had LOCKED the doors. As I tried to remember my key code, she pushed the alarm button. So there I was 8 months pregnant, locked out of my car with my 20 month old inside, the car alarm blaring and bringing the attation of anyone with in earshot, and my two year old laughing at me.

 

Yesterday at church McKinlee was acting up...not being naughty just loud so finally Josh had enough and took her out...once they were in the lobby I heard her call out, "Mama...Save ME!!

2010

 

I ran to the grocery store with the girls...all was going great Mia was helpful, Wynter was sleeping, McKinlee was sitting in the front of the buggy, and was actually sitting and being quiet...until I checked on her and found that she was opening up the food and eating it.

March 13


McKinlee got mad at Mia for playing with one of her toys that she didn't feel like sharing and said while pointing at the stairs (our time out spot), "I-a (Mia) sit"

March 21



We were at the dinner table and McKinlee was having a hard time sharing and Mia said to her "McKinlee, this is for everyone" and McKinlee responded in a rather stern voice..."I-a" placed her finger to her lips and said "Shhhhh

March 23


 Josh, went to work yesterday, unaware that the girls had used his pants as paper. I am pretty sure his face turned red when his co-worker pointed out the green marker on his butt...
I just asked McKinlee if she had to make everything complicated and she told me YES!

May 6

This morning McKinlee was playing around Wynter and Wynter kicked her legs making McKinlee Mad…a few minutes later McKinlee go too close to Wynter and Wynter put her arm out pushing McKinlee out of the way. Here is what followed…

Mg: mom Inter pushed
Me: honey she didn’t mean to
Mg: Inter pushed…aughty
Me: It was an accident she didn’t do it on purpose
MG: Inter no, no, no push bad

May 8

 McKinlee, with 16 seconds left in the Pens game changed the Channel, and wouldn't let Josh have the remote back

May 24

I may have just been banned from Gymboree...I thought it was bad when McKinlee was grabbing everything she could reach to tell me it was cute...worse when she started to climb the shelves to get to them...but then I saw her strip down and try them on. At least she was wearing a diaper right?

June 4
 I needed to take the garbage out and Mia said to me, Mom go ahead and take it out, I will watch the kids for a minute. I came back from the dumpster a few moments later to find Mia trying to change Wynter's clothes and McKinlee eating Nesquik by the handful

July 9

Mia:(in the shower) "McKinlee did you just flush the toilet?"
McKinlee said No...a few moments later heard another flush
Mia : "McKinlee why did you flush the toilet it makes it HOT!!!"
McKinlee said "Daddy did it"

August

Last Night I made cupcakes using an unsweetened chocolate bar...McKinlee decided that she wanted some chocolate and refused to take "this isn't that kind of chocolate" for an answer..so I gave her some...she pulled a face of horror and said as she spit it out..."That's stinky chocolate....cucky!" Mia and I laughed until it hurt

September
McKinlee was just loving Wynter and I heard her say..."I wuv you Wynder, You're my Best Fwiend

October
I just wanted to take a minute and thank McKinlee for her help with dinner tonight...while I was downstairs changing the laundry she so kindly put my New York Strip Steak in the microwave and pushed the cook popcorn button...nothing like a nice cut of meat cooked well done in the Microwave

McKinlee just filled a bucket with water out of the fridge, then quietly walked over and poured the entire bucket on her Sleeping Daddy's face


November
 McKinlee has been having a hard time listening thus far today...finally in frustration I said "McKinlee, what do you hear when I speak? The wind blowing!?" She said "yes


McKinlee had a bath the other day and when I came downstairs to help her get dressed I found her pinching her chest. I asked her "McKinlee what are you doing?" She looked up at me and said "making boobs

1 comment:

kate said...

oh my oh my! that girl will earn you your celestial reward. i love her to bits! (making boobs...HAHAHAHAHAHA!!)