Thursday, June 9, 2011

Summer may have started on the Wrong Foot

I have to say that our First Day of Summer Morning started a lot earlier than any summer morning should.  (Wynter was up at 5.) We got up and the girls wanted pancakes, except for McKinlee who wanted Raisin Bran with the raisins pulled out.  So I poured a bowl of cereal pulled out every raisin and started making pancakes.   We eat our breakfast and of course I finished first, even with all the getting up and downs to get forgotten forks, spoons, glasses of milk etc.  I say to the girls as I clear my place I am going to go balance the checkbook, finish eating and I will be right back.  Moments later Mia came into the computer room and said "Mom, Wynter just squished a tomato all over the table." I responded, "That's okay, just take the rest of the tomatoes away from her and I will clean it up in a minute." With that Mia left.  Next McKinlee came in and said, "Mom, I need to show you something." I said just a minute.  McKinlee said "Mom, I really need to show you something." I said, "Honey, I know about the tomato just give me a minute and I will take care of it." McKinlee said, "You really want to see this." I said, "Okay Honey, just a minute."  McKinlee said, "Mom, take my hand I really need to show  you something."  Realizing she was not going to give in,  I took her hand and she led me to the dining room.


 McKinlee said "See, I told you that you would want to see this."

4 comments:

Karen's Korner of the World said...

Oh boy good thing you have Mia home for the summer!

Adventures of Melissa said...

I cracked up at this and had to tell my mom. :) i love the olsens!!!

kate said...

i think you did NOT want to see that! ahhh! love it though, reminds me of when olivia did a snow angel on the table in the giant puddle of glue she made. our kids! can't leave em alone for a second! great pictures. :)

Zent Family said...

Thats my favorite part of pancakes too!!!! Wouldn't life be boring without kids?