Monday, March 26, 2012

Nothing but a smile

You know those days where you wake up and you think today I should really stay in bed, but you get up to brave the day only to realize that your first instinct was the right one? That pretty much sums up my Sunday.
I woke up squeezed between three wee ones, one on each side and one on top, (I have come to realize that my 30+ year old body is not made to contort around6 little arms and legs.) I pulled my self up taking care not the wake the little ones, stretched out the kinks, and walked slowly down stairs to start my day . Josh kissed me and said by the way, Wynter had an accident last night, and he ran out the door to his various meetings. I sighed at the thought of having to add wash bedding to my list for day, got some breakfast and got going. My first plan was to get myself ready, then I could wake each kid up get them ready and avoid the demanding "I need attention" rush of 4 little ones. I started to get ready, I put on a skirt and began to hear the rustle of someone waking up, I prayed that the child waking was not Wynter, my prayers were not answered. Wynter woke up! Wynter is not the kind of kid who likes to be up alone so with in minutes she had managed to get the others up with her. So much for plan "A".
My next plan was to have Mia get ready so she could help with the little ones. Mia got herself dressed while I fed Ryken, she got herself, and Wynter a bowl of cereal, Ryken went back to sleep so I laid him down, and I gathered clothes for the three little ones to put on. McKinlee was still hanging out in my bed not ready to get up, so I siezed the oppertunity to finish getting myself ready.
Upon my entrance into my room McKinlee said "Mom, something isn't right." I asked what was wrong? she responded, "I'm all wet" SIGH!! Now I have to wash two beds. I couldn't find a dress for McKinlee to wear so I grabbed the cleanest looking one and threw it on her. Sent her down stairs to get her shoes on, and went to the bathroom to get my hair and makeup done.
Once I was in the bathroom I realized I didn't know where my makeup bag was. I tried to remember the last time I had seen it...it was at dance competition the day before, so I called for Mia, she couldn't find her bag. We tore the house and the car apart looking for it, and finally found it in Josh's closet. I got my makeup on and started to do my hair, I was going for a triple barrel crimp, boho look. I started to crimp my hair got almost half way done and realized it was time to go. I didn't have time to finish. I threw my hair into a "mom bun", threw what shoes I could find on the kids, had Mia grab brushes, flowers, and elastics for the girls hair and rushed them out the door, only to realize in my rush I hadn't put on a shirt and McKinlee wasn't wearing any panties. I ran back in grabbed my cleanest looking shirt out of the laundry, some panties for McKinlee and headed for Church.
We got to church, my friend Elaine held Ryken while I did the girls hair, then I gave McKinlee some dry Kix since she hadn't had time to eat. Wynter tried to take it resulting into Kix being spilled all over the floor and three little girls on thier knees trying to pick each one up. Everything else was going okay, until I looked over and saw Wynter doing headstands on the pew with her dress around her neck. Mia tried to get her to stop which only resulted in Wynter screaming, Mia yelling, and me whisper yelling through clinched teeth for both of them to stop it!
I usually don't let my kids sit with other people, but when Elaine took McKinlee to sit with her and my friend Kate, took Ryken to sit with her family, I was feeling relieved.
After Sacrament meeting I took the kids to Primary and Nursery gave Josh Ryken and went home to get a few things I had forgotten, and take a much needed break. Even though it was Fast Sunday and I try not to eat candy or treats since I can't fast right now, I broke open a bag of Cadbury mini eggs...I deserved them.
I mustered up the strength and went back. I got Ryken back from Josh and went to Relief Society. We lasted 3 minutes before Ryken was screaming so loudly I had to leave the meeting. He fell asleep right as the closing prayer was said.
Church was over! Then I remembered we had choir practice. I sat on a pew in the chapel and visited with Elaine while I waited for choir to start. Suddenly I heard the other choir members laughing. I looked over to see what was so funny, to my horror, there was Wynter, running around the chapel, arms in the air, squealing, "I a nakey girl, I a nakey girl!" Wearing nothing but her smile! I am not one that usually gets embarrassed, but I was mortified! I couldn't even pretend she wasn't my kid, I looked at Elaine in complete bewilderment and she said, "I'll take the sleeping one" I gave her Ryken; took his blanket off of him, wrapped it around Wynter, and ran out to the car praying that I had a change of clothes. Thankfully I did.
After choir we went to a friend's house for their baby blessing luncheon, we got home in time for Josh to head to more meetings, I bathed the kids, and went to put them to bed only to realize that I had forgotten to change the sheets. So I did what any mom would do, I threw some towels down, and kissed them good night, Wondering the entire time Why on earth I even got up.

4 comments:

Karen's Korner of the World said...

And life goens on! Miis and Love you all Wish I could have been there for the BIG SMILES!

the packard family said...

Jenn, I love you so much! Thanks for the smile-so glad I'm not the only one who has days like this!!
Kelly

Zent Family said...

I agree, you absolutely deserved the Cadbury Eggs!!! Hope your Monday went a bit better...

sienna said...

What a day, Jenn! I'm heading to the store to get MYSELF some Cadbury mini eggs just from reading about it! ;) Isn't being a mom a grand adventure?!!