Thursday, January 17, 2013

A terrible, horrible, no good very bad day

You know those days, those days when you keep thining what else could possible happen and then something does?  That pretty sums up my last Thursday. 
It started off rough with Ryken throwing up two seperate times  all over me after I had my shower for the night and in my bed.  We were up pretty late.  After a very rough night I got up to help Mia get ready for school, with out warning McKinlee called out having a bad dream and Mia was left on her own while I consoled McKinlee who had also woken up Wynter.  Mia left for school, I got the others calmed down and we were about our day.
When I checked the mail I found out that the no tax increases on the middle class were going to cost us $140 a month.
I was sitting in the living room we had 30 minutes until I had to pick McKinlee and Mia up from school,  and Wynter and Ryken went upstairs, I was in the process of thinking to  myself, I should go get them, when I heard Wynter screaming "NO RYKEN,NO!" I ran up the stairs faster than ever before and found them both in the bathroom Ryken had gone fishing before Wynter had managed to flush the toilet, his mouth was covered in poop, both of his hands were covered, one hand he was using to paint my toilet and the other he was using to unsucessfuly pull out the nasty flavor out of his mouth.  I threw him into the tub, turned on the water and was soaked by the shower (Josh forgot to turn it off) I scrubbed Ryken and the toilet, got Ryken dressed and went back down stairs.  Wynter came over to me and I could smell the undeniable smell, as I went to check to see if she had wiped well enough, I saw it.  Poop smeared from her bum to her neck....back to the tub we went.  I pulled her out threw clothes on both of them and ran to the car.
 
When Josh came home I was exhausted and debating if we should just order a pizza for dinner, then he asked, did you see the water in the basement?  What?  Yep, our hot water heater broke. 
On the bright side we were finally able to go through the boxes we hadn't gotten to since we moved in almost two years ago.


3 comments:

kate said...

well that is one crappy day. hee hee ha haaaaaaa! sorry. bad pun. butt wow (hee), seriously any one of those things would make for a rough day. i think i'm going to call you an over achiever for managing to have them ALL in the same day. so sorry! some day you can look back on it and laugh like i am laughing right now. :)

Zent Family said...

That is one that will be hard to top!!! I hope you got to order in pizza...

Katie said...

Wow, Jenn. That's honestly one of the WORST days I've heard of in a LONG time! Hope things are better soon!